Thursday, July 21, 2011

Moving In

I used to think moving to a new home was exciting. Now, it just seems like a lot of work. Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe we have too much stuff! We managed to clean 2 homes and move all of our stuff in less than 2 weeks. Not bad for a couple of old people and 2 young children. :)



Our new home needs a little TLC. We have been scrubbing and weeding and when we return from vacation we will be caulking and painting. Hopefully we will be here next summer so we can try planting things in the garden spot and flower beds.



Morgan and Zane are loving being able to play outside! They catch bugs, ride their bikes down the hill, and watch the geese land on the... pond.



They also love having their own rooms. It was time! It was kinda sad to see the bunkbeds come apart. My favorite time of day is bedtime. The kids would lay in their beds and say good night to each other. Sometimes they would talk for a minute and then I would hear a sweet little "I love you" from each of them. It always made the day good, no matter what else had happened. I was afraid that ritual would end being in their own rooms. Then, last night, with a wall seperating them, they said their good nights and I love yous. Melted my heart.




Unpacking is like putting together a puzzle. It takes time to make it all fit right. So here are some pictures of this work-in-process.



Zane's own messy room.





Morgan's own messy room. (She still helps Zane clean his at the end of the day.)



A wood stove that reminds me of the one my grandpa had. (We do love good, old fashioned wood heat.)




A cool phone mounted on the wall by the front door. Zane thinks it's a cell phone.
They have had SO much fun pretending to call friends and family on this phone.




And one organized corner in the kitchen. It didn't stay that way long. The mixer wouldn't fit on the other counter so things had to be rearranged. (The puzzle pieces were mixed up.)

And yes, painting the kitchen is at the top of my list.




My favorite... it is SO quiet! No trains. No dogs barking. No motorcycle races around the house. We don't even hear the traffic on the road.



1 comment:

Sarah's Project said...

Congrats on moving . . . again! It's amazing to me that we are still in this same house we've lived in for 12 years and you get to try new ones out. I'm hoping some day to try a different one as well - if only to de-clutter the house!