Sunday, April 28, 2013

Is this a dream or is it real?

Several months ago, before we even knew about moving to Idaho, I had a dream that we had gone to a new church building. There were lots of stairs and we didn't really know where to go. We followed some people up a set of stairs and found the chapel. Sitting way in the back, we listened to the choir sing a familiar hymn and Morgan pointed out that she knew the song.

Then it was time to take the kids to Primary. We started walking and again there were stairs and hallways that twisted around. I thought for sure we would never find our way out. I finally found classrooms for the kids but wanted to stay with them because I didn't know if I could find them again.

I woke up thinking that was a weird thing to dream about. And then I assured myself that churches are not built like that so I didn't ever have to worry about that dream coming true. And then we moved to a little pioneer town in Idaho...


When we went to church our first Sunday, we went inside and had to walk up stairs to get to the chapel. Hummm... Then it was time for Primary. The little neighbor girl was kind enough to show us where to go. We went down some stairs, around a corner, down more stairs and wound around some narrow halls. I dropped the kids off and the Primary President was kind enough to show me how to get back to where I needed to go. 

As I sat in Sunday School class, the images of my dream suddenly filled my mind. I turned to Scott and told him we were in the church building I had dreamed about a few months ago. He looked at me like I was crazy. Maybe I am. I have never been in a church like this one.

No comments: