Saturday, March 1, 2014

Craft Break

Scott and I have been the Webelos leaders in our ward since last fall. I have to admit I was pretty nervous to be involved in scouting when we first started. But as we learned the program and planned fun activities for the boys we started to love it. We had a handful of somewhat challenging but pretty amazing boys. They never ceased to surprise us and we all had fun each week. (Scott was just one of the boys.)

Last month I received a new calling and I'm now serving in the Relief Society Presidency. However, Scott and I have not yet been released from scouts. It's been a challenge trying to keep up with everything but I refuse to just give up on the boys. This week we had our Blue and Gold Banquet for the boys. Our Cubscout Masters did a great job! I helped by making a campfire cake.

We're also planning a spring activity for our ladies so I've been looking for simple crafts we could do. I love the subway art prints. I created one using the words from my favorite hymn. So simple and so cute!


I have to take a break from the business of life and just create, occasionally.

No comments: