Sunday, October 24, 2010

Why are we here?

Driving home from Utah last night, my heart was full of emotion. We had a wonderful time with Brit and it was hard to leave. The sky was black, the car was making weird noises, and Morgan couldn't stop crying.

My mind was full of questions: "Why did we leave Idaho? Why did we move so far away? Why NEBRASKA?!" I was murmuring.

Then, we were blessed to have a couple speak to us at church today. They recently returned from serving as mission presidents in England. As they shared experiences and testified that God knows us personally, I was overcome with emotion. It felt as if the speaker looked directly at me when he said, "You are here for a purpose. The Lord transferred you to Sidney, Nebraska because this is where he needs you."

So, the question becomes... "What does the Lord need me to do here?" I know I can still be a good mother and we will always be a family even though miles may separate us. I also know we will be blessed when we do what the Lord asks us to do.

Great things are happening in Nebraska! I am grateful the Lord trusts us enough to be a part of the miracles here.

3 comments:

Jenni Call said...

I agree with that statement...folks here in Sidney are here because of the Lord's hand. You don't often voluntarily move to the middle of nowhere just for the heck of it.

The Haley Family said...

We know we are here for a reason, eventhough after 6 years sometimes I wonder what it is! :) We're glad you are here!!!

BRiTTaNY said...

I too am intrigued to see why the Lord took you there... but I agree, you wouldn't be there of all places if there wasn't a darn good reason. Just find out what that reason is so you can come home, ok?