Saturday, January 15, 2011

{Merry Christmas 2010}

I was hesitant to post Christmas pictures because it is now the MIDDLE of January. Then I saw that another friend just posted her Christmas day so it must be okay. (Thanks Sarah!)









Scott had to work, of course, and I am not a morning person if I don't have to be. We voted and then I put my foot down - we waited until Dad came home at 11:00 instead of getting up at 4:30. The kids did pretty good. Zane only opened one present while I was in the shower and Morgan promptly told on him.

I did let them play with their stockings while they waited. Who knew that silly putty would still be a kid favorite. My kids were even more amazed when I told them I loved it when I was a kid. Morgan said, "Wow! This stuff is really old!"

Zane's favorite gift was his train. He spent the rest of the afternoon setting it up and driving it. Spiderman, on his four-wheeler, crashed the train bridge and that made it even more fun.

Morgan LOVED her keyboard. She wants to play the piano like Brittany. She doesn't have the natural talent (it's going to take more than 6 lessons) but she is eager to learn. I figure I'll teach her what I know and then pass her off to a more competent teacher. I love the sound of practicing piano. I've missed having that in my home.

Yep, no pictures of Brit this year. They celebrated with his parents. I guess I have to get used to that... We work so hard to help them grow up to be responsible adults and then hate to see them go out on their own.
But, it's a good thing.

It really was a wonderful, relaxing day! Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jenni Call said...

Awesome! Send Morgan my way! I have an opening if you are interested.