Thursday, February 3, 2011

Little Trials

We took Morgan to the doctor on Monday. The doctor was pretty sure the fever is from this NASTY influenza bug that is going around. (I let Scott tell me "I told you so" since I argued that the flu shot was not necessary last Fall.) However, since Morgan's hernia is not going away the doctor sent us over to radiology for some pictures of her tummy.

The good news: the KPU showed no signs of inflammation or blockage. (Even her appendix looked good which was a HUGE relief after recent events in our family that now make me wonder if every tummy ache is appendicitis. But that's another story.)

The bad news: her hernia is still there and her tummy hurts ALL THE TIME. We have an appointment in Denver on Monday to further investigate this issue and will most likely be doing surgery in the near future.

Wednesday Morgan was feeling like maybe she could try school. It really helped that we had a 2 hour late start due to the arctic, sub-zero temperatures. At 9:30 I went out to start my car and nothing. It was deader than dead. Morgan was okay, after 4 days of no school what's one more. Zane on the other hand went into MELT DOWN mode. He would not be consoled and the thought of walking the 3 or so miles to the Call's house entered my mind. Then I remembered how my nose had instantly froze shut when I went to start my car and I quickly came to my senses.

Fortunately, a wonderful friend showed up in the nick of time and took both children safely to school. They had a special visitor at preschool and Zane would have never forgiven me if he had missed it.

{Photo courtesy of Jenni Call, Apple Green Photography. Thanks Jenni!}

(I had to share this picture for Grandma and Grandpa since we raised rabbits when I was a kid. We always wanted one for a pet that we could let wander around the house. I think the little pellets they leave behind made us change our minds.)

It ended up being an okay day. Zane was happy. Morgan survived. Scott worked late. And I enjoyed a LONG story time with the kids before bed.

Now, we are just hoping the car can be fixed before Monday. And hoping we can find some answers AND solutions to the tummy issue.
It's the little trials in life that make us appreciate all the blessings!

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Christine I am so sorry for your trouble with Morgan. Good Luck on all of the upcoming uncertanties. I also was wondering if I may be related to your friend. My maiden name is call. Just a thought. We miss and love you guys.

Jenni Call said...

Zane was hilarious in preschool! We are so glad he came. Good luck with Morgan...let me know if you need any help.