Friday, September 14, 2012

Spiderman

There are times when I think Zane is convinced he is actually Spiderman. I caught him several times trying to sneak to school with his Spiderman costume under his clothes. Finally I agreed that he could take it in his backpack IF he promised to leave it there all day. (Some kids have a security blanket. My son has a Spiderman costume.)

I picked him up from school and then drove to Morgan's school to wait for her. I heard him moving around in the backseat and turned to see him stripped down to his undies digging the costume out of his backpack. He squealed when he saw I caught him.

I decided it wasn't worth the fight. We dropped Morgan off at volleyball and zipped over to the post office. The people there got a kick out of my little Spiderman. Then we headed back to watch the end of Morgan's volleyball. 

Zane, in full costume, helped return balls as the girls finished their hitting drills. Some moms thought he was anxious for Halloween. One mom thought I was nuts for letting him in public like that when it wasn't Halloween.

Somedays... Spiderman wins the battle.

No comments: