Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Deck the Halls with JOY

I tried something different this year when it came time to decorate the Christmas tree. I pulled out the ornaments I wanted on the tree and then walked away. Yep. I let the kids put them on all by themselves instead of dictating where and how. I even left it the way they had it, for a few days.


Then today, I was standing in front of the tree with a handful of candy canes when the bus dropped the kids off, early. Caught! Zane quickly asked what I was doing and pointed out that a few of the ornaments were not where he had put them. I explained that I was just spreading them out a bit and moving a few to the top where they couldn't reach. He was satisfied with my answer and ran off to find some food. Morgan didn't seem to really notice. Phew!
 

The kids have been learning songs at school for their Christmas programs. Morgan was singing "Deck the Halls" one night and then Zane started singing "Check the halls with lots of jolly!" So, our halls have officially been checked with jolly.

No comments: