Friday, June 5, 2015

Excuses

I can't seem to keep up on my blogging. 
But I have some good excuses!

In high school, I had a boss who would always say, "Excuses are like noses, everyone has them." He was right. So here are mine:

1. I feel like I can't keep up with technology. Things change and by the time I figure them out they are changing again. 
No! I am NOT old!

2. Time moves faster every day and so there just isn't time to do everything I want to. This includes blogging, reading, and washing dishes. 
I want to, but there just isn't time.

3. You will notice a direct correlation to the decrease in posts with the time we started trying to identify Morgan's learning challenges. I continue to spend A LOT of time researching her conditions and things I can do to help her understand this big, scary world.

4. Related to number three, I also spend a great deal of time taking sweet Morgan to therapies and helping her complete homework assignments. 
(I may or may not have typed her entire DARE essay. I'll never tell.)

5. I also try to make sure I am giving Zane his fair share of time and attention. I have to get him to football practice and scout activities. He is VERY patient and kind and often offers to help complete Morgan's homework as well. (He may or may not have helped her write sentences for her spelling words, on more than one occasion. Again, we're not telling.)

6. I also have to give Brittany and her family their fair share of my time and attention. This requires sending multiple text messages, face timing, and getting together with them as much as possible. 
It's a lot of work but our grandson is getting more ADORABLE everyday and we don't want to miss any of it!

7. My husband works crazy hours and so I must be ready to haul bulls, check fence, or purchase horse shoes with him at the drop of a hat. When he calls, I drop everything and put on my boots. I may not see him again until bed time!

8. Trying to help those living with an anxiety disorder can be a bit exhausting. It takes effort to always be the calm one. It also requires a lot of spiritual guidance. I find myself on my knees now more than I ever have before. 
And that's okay.

9. Teaching the Gospel Doctrine class in my ward also requires a lot of spiritual guidance. Although I don't teach every week, I find myself preparing and pondering and planning every day.

10. And just to make it an even number, I have dishes to wash. 
Always. Every day. The dishes are never done!

So, there you have it. My excuses. And now it's summer so I have a lawn to mow, swimming lessons, picnics at the park, and bike rides to attend to. I make no promises, but I will try to share.

No comments: