Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Doctor is In

After nearly two months of not sleeping, I took Zane to the doctor. It was either that or move his bed to the garage so the rest of us could get some sleep. Some nights he would wake up every 20 minutes and cry. Other nights he would wake up and cry for hours. If only kids came with a check engine light. Then we could plug them in, run some diagnostics, and get a print out on what needs to be fixed. The receptionist at the doctor’s office needed to know what Zane was being seen for and I wanted to say, “to save his life and my sanity” but I didn’t. We talked to the doctor about food allergies and the possibility of being lactose intolerant. The doctor wants to wait until he is three to do the blood tests and told me to try Tums at bedtime for now. He has had a stuffy nose for two months also but fortunately no ear infection. So last night he got a dose of Dimetapp for the stuffy nose and Tums for the belly ache and we actually got some sleep. He slept for 10 hours! I felt so rested that I got up at 6am and surprised Brittany. It is amazing what a little sleep will do for you!

1 comment:

Rachel Berry said...

Wow I had no idea he wasn't sleeping.. Yikes! Who knew that tums would fix him.
Now do you think it's safe for 5 week olds? :)

Yeah for sleep. I'll sleep again......someday...

Rachel