Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry Christmas!


I love Christmas! Really, I do. I listen to Christmas music all year and I love to decorate my house. Normally I start decorating in November and don’t put all of the decorations away until February. (Brittany makes me put them away before Valentines Day.)
But this year was different.
Three weeks before Christmas I began to panic because I knew “Santa” had no presents for us and we didn’t have a tree to put them under anyway. So, what went wrong? I couldn’t get excited about decorating or shopping. Finally, Morgan and I drug out the tree and a few decorations. I put ornaments on the top half of the tree, just out of Zane’s reach, and hung a festive snowman sign on my door. I spent a couple afternoons shopping on-line and made a couple quick trips in to town.
Then I was done.
The stockings sat on the couch until two days before Christmas when I finally got out the hangers and put them up. My plan of getting things done early was completely shot so we waited until Christmas Eve day to pass out goodies to the neighbors. I don’t know how it happened but Christmas snuck up on me before I was ready! We did have a nice time with Scott’s sister and her family on Christmas day.
I think that is what it is all about – spending time with family and friends.
It wasn’t a Martha Stewart Christmas but we had snow and we had fun.
That’s all that matters, right?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Great picture of the kids! It's funny how it arrives so quickly and is over before you know it. Merry Christmas!