Thursday, May 22, 2008

Little Footprints




At the end of the day, as the sunlight dims, there is a glare that comes across the living room floor. Standing in my kitchen I can see the evidence of a busy day - little footprints going in every direction.

On hands and knees, I wipe the floor clean and notice there are only a few big footprints. I know that someday all the little footprints will be a faded memory. For now, I cherish the quiet at the end of the day and the ritual of wiping the floor clean in preparation for another day of little footprints.

1 comment:

Rachel Berry said...

Your so cute. I have never thought of my kids feet in that way. I just think of all the dirt they are tracking in. Sad huh. Thanks for the reminder that I should cherish these little things. They do slip by way too fast.

:)R.