Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Owie Toe!

While putting Zane’s pajamas on, I noticed his big toe was very red. Two days later it was red AND crusty. Scott has had several in-grown toenails and knew what was happening. (Zane has his dad’s toes.) We spent the weekend soaking Zane’s foot and trying to keep a band-aid on it. If he bumped it at all he would scream, “Owie, owie toe!”

Monday afternoon we were able to see the doctor and she confirmed our diagnosis. He is on antibiotics to clear up the infection and then we will see what needs to be done with the toenail. He played it up real good and cried the entire time I was talking to the doctor. She also gave me a prescription for Tylenol with Codeine. She told me I could give it to him or take it myself so one of us would feel better.
It had been a while since we were at the doctor’s office; I guess we were due for a visit.

2 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Poor little guy! Hope his toe feels better soon.

:)Rachel

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I was thinking, Poor little man! That looks painful. I suggest sharing the Tylenol with Codeine so you BOTH feel better!