Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Flowers for Mom

I put Zane down for a nap and hurried to finish some work on the computer while he was asleep. Morgan had gone outside to play and I was thinking it was about time to check on her when I heard the front door open. She came and quietly stood beside me, waiting for me to look away from my work. I turned to her and asked her what she was doing. She held out a small flower pot and proudly told me she had planted a flower for me.

My irises in the front flower bed are long past blooming but I haven’t made it out there to cut off the dead, brown stalks. She had broken one off and carefully planted it in a small pot she found in the garage. She was so pleased with herself so I graciously thanked her, telling her she had down a great job, and then asked her to find a special spot for it outside.

She thought it looked best next to our turtle and the flowers near the house.


Later that day, I noticed a small hole in my lawn just a little bigger than the gofer holes. Unlike the gofer holes this one had no mound of dirt next to it. I asked Morgan if she had dug a hole in the lawn and she quickly blamed the dog. I started to ask her what she had done with the dirt and then realized that is what she used to plant my flower. How could I be mad at her?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Dead or alive she did a great job! Kids are so funny! Love the redneck birthday. I think the garage is perfect and the cake turned out cute. I remember shoving everyone in my basement once for Nojah's pinata party. Hope you have a great weekend!