Thursday, February 12, 2009

Recipe for Empanadas

Some of you asked about the recipe for Cherry Empanadas. I don’t know if this counts as a recipe. It is more like throwing some stuff together and cooking it in a pan. But here you go:

Put some cherry pie filling (we like Great Value brand) on a flour tortilla and roll up. Place in pan, heated with a little oil in it, with the seam side down. Brown lightly on all sides and remove to plate. Immediately sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Allow to cool slightly ‘cause the filling gets HOT. You can serve them with a bit of whip cream or ice cream or enjoy as is.

If you don’t like cherries you could use other pie fillings. Pumpkin is my all time favorite but I have not tried them using store bought pumpkin pie filling. If you do, let me know how they turn out. (I had an insider get me the authentic Taco Time ® recipe and I swore to keep it secret.)

There you go – quick, easy dessert!

1 comment:

Brandon and Brittany said...

Thanks Christine! My kids (and husband) are going to love them!