Thursday, February 12, 2009

Young Women Challenge

I am having a hard time making the transition from Young Women to Primary. While searching Sugardoodle for ideas for a first quarter Primary activity I found this cute idea for Young Women. It is a poster that goes along with the challenge they were given at the beginning of this year to pray, read the Book of Mormon, and smile everyday. They use a dry erase marker to track their progress during the month and then wipe it off to start over the next month.



The website says to laminate them however, I found this cheap but pretty frame to use. Then I glued ribbon to the frame to attach the dry erase pen so it won’t be lost. (Not that Brittany’s room is a mess or anything where something might get lost.) I used ribbon I had so the whole project cost $2.33 (plus tax) and took all of five minutes to put together.

Brittany thought it was cute. So much of my time and efforts seem to focus on the younger children so I think she was surprised to know that I actually do think about her too.

3 comments:

BRiTTaNY said...

...quite a bit surprised actually. but more so that you actually posted under the label "brittany" - its been HOW long since the last one? Ü jk jk.

it is really really cute tho. thanks for making it for me.

♥Brit

Brigitte said...

I love this idea, you are so creative. You wouldnt by chance want to teach me and a bunch of other YW more about it? :) I'm sure you are doing great in primary but I sure miss you. Luv Brigitte

Sarah's Project said...

I think your transitioning great! And thank you for not suggesting we make one of those for every primary child. I agree with you about spending so much time with the little ones and missing out on the older kids. What a great idea.