Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Baby is 3 Today!

Every other day for two weeks Zane has shouted out, more than once, “Today is my birthday!” Today it finally is. He wanted to be 21 but I convinced him that 3 is better.

We started celebrating Zane’s birthday at the beginning of the month by getting him a new bike. He just couldn’t keep up with Morgan on his trike and it was so sad to hear him yelling “Wait d’me Mogan! Wait d’me!”



We found this little bike and it was perfect. Luckily, his friend Kevin also got a new bike so he has someone to ride with. And he can almost keep up with the big kids.

Scott flew to Denver on Monday so we had a little birthday celebration on Sunday. Zane wanted a rainbow cake. I frosted it with blue frosting to make it manlier.

I thought it turned out pretty good. (Even though I mixed up the red and orange. And yes I know I am missing some colors. I just did not have the patience that day to do them all.)





Then today we had our Primary activity. The kids played in the water, ate sandwiches and had tons of fun!



It’s hard to believe we were bringing him home from the hospital just three years ago. It’s also hard to believe he was such a chunky baby. He moves too fast now and the chubby doesn’t stick.


Zane is a ray of sunshine in our home, except in the morning before his chocolate milk, and we love him dearly. He completes our family!

I think we will just keep celebrating!

2 comments:

BRiTTaNY said...

wow... can't believe its been three years already lol. Baby brother isn't a baby anymore! sheesh i feel old... Ü

Brittney said...

Wow Christine you have been busy busy this week. Tell Zane HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY from us