Monday, August 3, 2009

{Catching Up}

Here are a few highlights from last week. . .


We used sod to decorate our float for the Pioneer Celebration parade last weekend and I couldn’t stand to see that good grass go to waste. So, after the parade our wonderful neighbor parked the trailer in our driveway. Scott and I spent the rest of the afternoon rolling out the sod to fill in the large dirt patch in front of our house. After keeping it wet for a week it is starting to look good. Thank you John!


On Monday we had our weekly swim lesson and then a birthday party for Kaylee at the pool. Morgan is overcoming her fear of the water and actually jumped from the diving board. She also jumped from the slide. (She slowed herself with her feet and when she came to the end she stood up and jumped. I guess she needs to feel in control.) I didn’t get any pictures ‘cause I was swimming too and the camera must be put away when I am in my swimsuit.


On Thursday, my cousin Dawn and her kids stopped on their way to Yellowstone. When they left the next morning, Morgan cried because she wanted to play with her cousins longer. That broke my heart. The kids had so much fun together. (Sorry we broke your no trampoline rule, Dawn.)


Morgan quickly stopped crying on Friday to get ready for another birthday party. The new girl in her Primary class “is six already!” This also led to a discussion about whether or not Sierra would be going to school first. Morgan doesn’t understand that everyone starts on the same day, which just happens to be the Monday after her birthday.
We managed to squeeze some FUN into our busy schedule as well. Brittany is working more hours so we didn't see her much last week.

And check out Zane’s “big boy pants” that are not panties. Yes, he decided it would be okay to use the potty. No more diapers for him!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yahoo on the last pic! No more diapers is HUGE. And I think the grass looks great, we have rolled many ourselves. I just think it's so much easier than seeding. I'm so glad your kids had fun with cousins. Donna told me this will be my kids best summer ever because they're with cousins so much more than normal. Cross your fingers that's true!

Dawn said...

Well, we are back! Thanks again for the place to crash. The kids loved meeting their cousins (and the trampoline). Congratulations Zane on using the BIG BOY potty. Hopefully Brittany's bed has dried out :0) but the grass looks great.