Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Recycled Stick Horse

My little cowpokes needed a stick horse for the Tiny Tots Rodeo. I have seen really cute horses made from a sock and a broom stick so I decided to give it a try. (Brittany laughed at me when I said I was going to make a stick horse – she should know better by now.)

I found the broken broom handle by the burn barrel. (Scott tried to burn it but it didn’t go so well.) After cutting off the black end it was the perfect length. Next I needed a sock. . .

I found a really cool pair of socks in my husband’s drawer. He only wears them in the winter so I know he won’t even notice a pair missing. (And I know what Santa is brining him for Christmas.)

Brittany has been cleaning out her bedroom and came across a small pillow that I had made back in the 90’s. It’s not really that old but it’s not my style anymore so I ripped it open and took the stuffing out to stuff my sock with.

Finally, I dug through my craft box and found some buttons, yarn, and black felt.
Voila – the perfect stick horse!


Okay. So, the ears are a little too big and it kind of looks like a donkey but I think it is cute and the kids LOVE it. Zane named it Eeyore. (Scott thought it was a zebra and asked when he would get his sock back – ha ha.)






Morgan took it for a trot around the yard and it seems to work great.

Yep, I am sooo crafty!



1 comment:

BRiTTaNY said...

K, I'll concede it turned out better than I expected, but...it's eyes are kinda freaky tho.... I'm just sayin...