Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Letter

Dear Young Man Who Wants to Date My Daughter,

Please don’t be offended by my apparent lack of compassion towards you. It’s not that I don’t like you. It’s just that I love my daughter more than any thing on earth! It’s hard for me to let her go. It scares me to send her out in to the world.

You seem like a good person but I know that good people can fall too. Please promise me that you will be careful, you will remember who she is and who you are, and you will treat her with the respect she deserves. She is the daughter of a King.

I trust you to take care of her when she is with you. I trust you to help her do what is right. I trust you to keep her safe. Please don’t destroy that trust.

I know she likes you and has fun when she is with you. Enjoy your friendship and never do anything that will make you ashamed of that friendship. Be wise!

Sincerely,
A Devoted Mother

1 comment:

Suz said...

If it helps any, I know he's an amazing guy. You're little girl is in good hands. :)