Thursday, April 15, 2010

One Person - Two Hands

At times, my kids can be a little demanding. For example - Zane will ask for chocolate milk. While I am pouring the milk he will start begging me to turn on his movie. While adding the chocolate to his milk he will request crackers and whine about the movie not being started yet.

Often I tell my kids, “I am but one person with two hands. You will just have to wait.”

The other morning I was putting on my makeup and Zane asked for some chocolate milk. I asked him to wait a minute while I finished. He said, “You are one person Mom, with two hands. I will wait.” He then helped me with my makeup (he likes to hand me stuff) and then we hurried to the kitchen to make chocolate milk.

I think he has figured it out! They can be taught!

2 comments:

courtney and andrew said...

That is hilarious! I am still laughing! It is true, kids say the darndist things! Miss you guys! Hope all is going well!

Sarah's Project said...

Wow, I am impressed. I tried to let Shelby (who is only what a month older than Zane?) hand me my make up one day and after she dropped the 3rd brush in the sink (which was still wet from washing my hands) I regret to say I lost it and sent her out. Way to go Zane!