Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Where have you been?

I just realized it has been a while since I posted anything. Either we live a very boring life or man have we been busy.

A lot of my time has been consumed with helping Brit get ready for graduation and college beyond. Because of all the crazy events at the beginning of the year, she was a little behind on getting things done. She had her heart set on going to Utah State but paying full out-of-state tuition was going to make it impossible. I told her to start making a Plan B and she informed me that Utah State was the answer she got when she prayed about where to go and she was determined to make it happen.

A few weeks later she got the letter telling her she had the Deans Scholarship for Utah State. (It covers tuition for 2 years.) She has been applying for other scholarships as well so hopefully we won’t have to borrow very much her first year. Since we were back to Plan A, we had to get her signed up for orientation and housing and meal plans and start looking at classes for the Fall.

Dad watched the little ones so Brit and I could make a trip to Logan. We toured the campus and figured out the housing options. It is a pretty amazing school! (We located the local mall as well.)

I have also been helping Brit get ready for the National BPA competition in California this week. (A big THANKS to all of you who helped make this trip possible for her!) We managed to get all of her stuff packed into one bag to check and one bag to carry on. That was tough! She flew out today and returns on Sunday.

In my spare time I’ve been organizing Primary activities, helping out at a local preschool and daycare, trying to keep Morgan and Zane out of trouble, and trying to keep up with the mess in my house. (I’ve given up on the weeds outside, it’s too cold!) We are also frantically trying to get our family room finished before all the family shows up for graduation.

To make a long story short – we have been busy!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

YAY for Brit getting to go to the college of her choice! Hard work pays off.

Sarah's Project said...

I still can't believe she chose Utah State over BYU, who is she praying to any way? ha ha. Way to be a supportive mom - we just love ya.