Monday, May 17, 2010

{Time 4 A Change}

At first I was excited. You only live once so why not get out and experience life – see the world. Then fear started to overcome me as I began to worry about all that would change. I stressed about all that I have to do to make this work. I stressed about how my children would handle the change. I stressed about how much money it will cost!

Then we went to stake conference yesterday and listened to our prophet speak. I don’t know what others heard but I heard him say we should not fear when we are on the Lord’s side. So I am trying to let go of my fears and put my faith in the Lord. If this is what we are supposed to do, then I know it will all work out. Will it be a piece of cake? Probably not. Will there be difficulties? For sure. But a friend of mine once said that nothing easy is ever worth it. We work through the difficulties and learn and grow from our experiences.

So, we are now making preparations to move to Nebraska. While we really don’t want to leave our home here, we have to go to where the job is. The feedlot said they will wait for Scott because they really want him to work there. We have to sell our house first though. Our new family room is almost done and I am trying to get caught up on the spring cleaning.

If you know of anyone wanting to live just outside of American Falls in a great little neighborhood let me know. (Sarah, you could buy our house and not have to build a garage. There is room for a tree house too.)

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Holy cow, Nebraska?? Well, I guess we will just have to make a trip to the corn fields. Tob know's the way, he use to live there! The kids will do great! They're young, outgoing, and adorable.

Gwen said...

What a great attitude you have! I'm sure this can't be the easiest thing, but I admire you for going with it and making it all work. But I hope you know....YOU WILL BE MISSED!!! Nebraska seems like such a long ways away, but at least it's not...oh, Ohio or New York. (I'm not sure if that's a silver lining or not, but I'm trying for you ;)

courtney and andrew said...

I never see you anymore but oh how we will miss you guys! We already do! It was so nice running into Brittany! I am so excited for you guys and hope things will move quickly for you piece of mind at least! Good luck with everything! We love you guys!

Brandon and Brittany said...

Man, we'll miss you guys. We sure love your family. And I, for one, am very grateful for your friendship and example. I hope everything goes easy peasy though... that it doesn't take a long time to sell your house or anything like that. If you need any help, let me know. I'm fairly good at painting and babysitting if you need either.
Love you guys.

Sarah's Project said...

Christine I would live in your house just FOR YOUR NEIGHBORS! I'm always so envious of when you are all together just hanging out. I will so miss you though and try to have a positive attitude like you do. sob, sob