Saturday, May 29, 2010

Random Thought


I had an interesting thought when a little killdeer woke me up at 2:30 this morning. She was very upset that the neighbor’s cat was near her nest. As she chirped, very loudly, for more than 20 minutes (which didn’t seem to bother the cat) I wondered if she would ever realize that all of her complaining was getting her no where.

The thought came to me that we can be like this little bird and whine and complain when we don’t like what is happening around us. Or, we can be like my husband and get up and do something to make a difference. It was the throwing of rocks that made the cat leave, not the protesting of the bird. Just complaining about problems doesn’t fix them. We need to be willing to stand up and make a difference. Throwing rocks won’t always be the answer. However, if we see something that needs to be done then we need to do it.
One person can make a difference.

No comments: