Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fond Memories of High School

The following is an article that appeared in the final issue of the high school newspaper. Keep in mind that Brittany was 3rd in the class and her friend Hank, mentioned in the article, was 2nd in the class. Interesting to see what their favorite memories of high school are.
Senior Reflections
By: Audrey Adkins
The year of 2010 has been amaz­ing! But one thing that has made it amazing was our awesome seniors. We took a little bit of time to ask seniors about their experiences in high school, and this is what they said:
When asked what her favorite high school memory was, Brittany Berry said, "State track my fresh­man year! We all went to the pool when we weren't supposed to and Mr. Thomas was pissed! I called Mr. Vaughan at midnight instead of the boys, and some of us went streak­ing!" What are you going to miss about American Falls high school when you graduate? "The glori­ous slick hallways and spinning in circles in the middle of them!" she said. Who was your favorite teach­er? "Mr. Johnson!" What was your favorite class? "Ms. Lenz's calculus class last year- oh my!" I don't re­ally think I want to know what went on in that class ...
Then I asked her if she had any funny or crazy stories from her high school experience. She said "Sure I do! I got stuck in a trash can twice in one day and it wasn’t my fault. In tenth grade we made 'chocolate cheese' by leaving a carton of milk in a locker for three months in attempt to curdle it. My skirt flew above my head in front of everyone. Tayce was my physical therapist when my ankles were all jacked up and I tried to sneak him to Boise with me (for State Track). In Mrs. Hazah's class when we were doing skits, Derek did a George Bush impersonation all in Spanish. Derek, Braden, Hank, and Tayce stood in a line (and danced to Venga Boys 'Boom! Boom! Boom!' and Stewart Stewart taught our whole statistics class how to ride a unicycle!" said Brit­tany. Wow, well I don't think anyone will ever be bored when they are with Brittany, that's for sure.
When I asked Hank Fitch what his favorite high school memory was, he said, "getting Derek kicked out of Mrs. Chapman's class!" Then I asked Hank and Tayce McIntier if either of them had any funny stories from their time in high school and, SURPRISE, it was inappropriate ... typical of them.

No comments: