Monday, November 29, 2010

It's about time!

So, we've been a little busy this month. I finished unpacking boxes and sorting stuff for storage to make room for Brittany & Levi to come for a visit. It was the highlight of the month to have them here!

We had Thanksgiving Dinner at our house and Scott invited the new guy from work to join us. (He has no family nearby.) We started off the day with no water but the problem was quickly resolved. I had to readjust my time-line a bit, but we had a fabulous dinner. (Best turkey I have ever cooked!) And having Brittany here made it feel like it was home. (Having water problems made it feel like home in Idaho.)

We showed Brittany & Levi all the sights of the town, including a shopping trip to Cabela's. And we made it to the theater to watch the new movie Tangled which all the kids LOVED. (The dog-horse cracked me up!) Now I am kicking myself because I took NO pictures while they were here. It's just too hard to do everything and take pictures too, I guess.

I REALLY wish I had my camera at the Chinese restaurant to capture the look on the Chinese lady's face. She asked Scott if Levi was his son. Scott told her no and pointed to Brittany and explained she was his daughter. The poor lady was so confused!

I did find time to get reacquainted with my sewing machine this month...


I made Zane clothes for the wedding. (Check out that faux welt pocket with kerchief.) The hardest part was remembering how to use my buttonhole attachment and tweaking the pants pattern to fit. (I was very thankful for all those hours I spent sewing with my mother when I was young!)


I finally made Zane a turkey shirt for the big day. We never did find the box of felt scraps to make the dangle thing for the turkey. But, Zane still loved his shirt


Since I had the machine warmed up, I whipped out a skirt for Morgan to wear this summer. It was a little longer than I wanted but we will wait until summer to adjust. (This girl might just surprise us and grow. I'm hoping!)


By now the machine was smokin' hot so I finished a project I started some time ago. I made a pillow (kinda ugly, I know) for my couch. I'm still browsing the second-hand stores to find just the right sweater to make the pillow I want. (This was more of a practice run.)



Then, I took a break from sewing to do a Super Saturday project. Morgan was surprised when I hung it on her wall. "For me?" she asked. (It wasn't even her birthday.)

The tornado continues to swirl as we head into the month of December. (Is the end of the year really here?) I have Christmas cards to write and a wedding to prepare for. (Thankfully the Christmas shopping is done - I love cyber shopping!) We are praying that winter will take a break in mid-December so we can travel to Utah and Idaho for the big event.

Happy Christmas Season!

3 comments:

Mama Runner Parker said...

what a very exciting time!! keep posting--i like hearing about how it's all going!

JodiLynn said...

Christine!

I got the invitations to Brittany's reception and about cried! I can't believe our kids are this big! Devin got his mission call today, and is leaving January 7th. How crazy is that? Did you guys move? I couldn't decide it that was Brittany's address or your new one. Call me!

Sarah's Project said...

I haven't been blogging for over a month - I figure that's when life must be good. We're too busy doing fun stuff to slow down and post about it right?! Good luck this weekend and we hope to see you in person Saturday at the reception!