Thursday, March 3, 2011

Birds

I had been sleeping peacefully when I awoke to what sounded like a massive hail storm. As I listened to the pounding on my roof I decided it just couldn't be. Then I heard a loud woosh and what sounded like a million chirping birds outside my window. I peaked out of the blinds and this is some of what I saw.

I don't have a wide angle lens, and this was taken from my bedroom window, but there were hundreds of birds. It was amazing how they would all fly up to the tree or to the roof and then back to the ground - as one massive herd of birds. They seemed to be in constant communication with each other as they worked together in perfect unity.
And there was no more sleeping for me.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Kinda creepy, reminds me of the movie the birds. Hopefully you stayed inside :-)

Jenni Call said...

That is pretty amazing! Next time don't feed the birds.

The Haley Family said...

I agree...kinda creepy! When I jog outside, there are some trees FILLED with these birds and all at once they take off flying and it scares me every time!