Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a princess birthday.


It started off like any other day, with the birds singing. My alarm went off as the sun came up, that old kill joy, interrupting a good dream. And you know, a dream is a wish your heart makes, when your fast asleep.

I thought about my day and realized, I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. If only I could be up where they stay all day in the sun. Wanderin' free. Wish I could be part of that world. But, first there was work that had to be done.

I was able to do my chores quickly, as if floating on a cloud, because I whistled while I worked. It's true. It's fun to hum a happy working song. But good gracious! Who left the mop running? With the gooseberry pie baked, it was time for the princess work to be finished.

My husband surprised me at lunch with some flowers and a kiss. "You just kissed yourself a princess!" I told him and he promised to do it again. Want to know a secret? Promise you won't tell? We were standing by a wishing well.

Chocolate eclairs were the perfect ending to the best day EVER! It was just that kind of day.

Standing here, it's crystal clear,
I'm where I'm meant to be.


It's all so magical!

(Can you name all eight princess movies quoted here?)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Cinderella
Snow white
The princess and the frog
The little mermaid
Fantasia


I'll keep thinking, Princess movies aren't my strong point! Sounds like you were the star of your own princess movie for the day. Happy Birthday!!

Sarah's Project said...

What a fun post Christine! I'm so glad you had a happy birthday. We miss you terribly here & hoping you have an excuse to come visit again soon.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sarah! We are hoping to be there the end of July. We miss you guys too!