Saturday, April 30, 2011

iT'S JuST NoT FaiR

Morgan was invited to a birthday party. A swimming birthday party. Zane insisted he would be swimming too. He just didn't understand. All morning I tried to gently explain that he was not invited. The party was for Morgan's friends.

When Morgan put on her swim suit, Zane put on his. I gave her a towel and he said he would share with Morgan. Finally, as I helped Morgan wrap the birthday gift, it started to sink in. Then he cried. He told Morgan it was "just not fair" and he would have a party with just his friends and she wouldn't be invited. Oh boy!

As we drove to the party Morgan was hyper and singing. I asked her to quiet down. She kept singing and Zane kept crying. Then I told them they were making me crazy and asked them both to be quiet. (Probably not my best response. It had been a long morning. I did say please.) Then Zane said, "Yeah, Morgan. You are getting on my lonely nerd!" I guess he had enough of her excitement as well. (Seriously, you have to watch out for his "lonely nerd.")

We dropped Morgan off at the party and went to Dairy Queen. The forbidden treat seemed to calm him down and gave us both the break we needed.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Ha ha! You had me laughing so hard I was crying with the Lonely nerd comment. He's great! Glad Dairy queen made him feel better.