Tuesday, April 5, 2011

{SEW Creative}

As I finished up tax returns for the season, I had a strong desire to create something. I found some fabric on-line and on sale. I'm always a little hesitant to order fabric on-line. I grew up sewing with my mother and we would spend hours in the fabric store feeling material and matching colors to find just the right stuff. It's hard to tell from a little picture on my screen if this is really the fabric I'm looking for.

But I saw this adorable floral print and a coordinating stripe and had to do it. With free shipping on my order of $35 or more I kept browsing and thought of a few more projects.

First was the skirt for Morgan. I love it! She loves it!
She was going to wear it for her Spring Concert but she was sick.


And then Zane wanted me to make him something. He needed a scripture bag and of course he wanted Spider Man. Is Spider Man appropriate for church? I started with the red bag and decided a little web in the corner would be okay.

Zane loves it! I hand stitched the web and that took the longest. The bag itself was super quick and easy.

Then, Morgan and I went shopping at Walmart. Just girls - no boys allowed. We found this twin size flat sheet on the clearance shelf for $2. That's a lot of fabric for $2!



We started with some capri pants and a
matching t-shirt. So adorable! Just need
a little more sunshine so she can wear it.


I cut out a peasant shirt and I think I have enough for another skirt. That's probably enough stripes for Morgan's wardrobe.

Then it was time to get ready for conference weekend. I have always wanted to put together fun baskets but never think about it until it's too late. I actually got things together and delivered a couple baskets to the ladies I visit teach, as well as one for my own family.


My kids LOVED it! I had to ration or they would have consumed it all during the first session. I put the Easter candy in a dish and told the kids they could have one piece when they heard a speaker talking about families. But they had to actually hear it and not just grab a piece because the other one was. They would be running around playing (with me begging them to be quiet) and suddenly Zane would dart to the bowl. "I heard him say parents. He's talking about families." Amazed me how much they could hear even when it seemed they were not even listening. It was a great weekend!

My stack of fabric is calling me. SEW long!

2 comments:

Jenni Call said...

Wow! You did score some cute fabric. Can't wait to see what else you sew up. My kids adored the conference basket. It was very exciting and special to bring out the basket. You are one amazing lady. Thank you so much for the wonderful gift.

Brandon and Brittany said...

When Brandon saw this this morning he said "wow, what a great idea" We'll have to steal it for next conference ;)