Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Accidents Happen

Accidents seem to follow this girl. Maybe because she is energetic and fearless. Maybe because she is a little short and others don't see her. When I picked her up from school today she said, "I don't know why I am getting hurt all the time!"

Friday, she got kicked in the eye on recess and made a trip to the nurses office. Yesterday, she had two more trips to the nurses office for injuries from falling at recess. She also had gotten a poke in the eye and a scratch on her arm that she just didn't report because she didn't want to go to the nurses office again.

Last night I told her, no more injuries. Today was a field trip to a museum so I figured it would be a safe day. At 2:00 the school secretary called in a bit of a panic and I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. Seriously. The secretary called back 5 minutes later to say the nurse was there and the bleeding was stopped. All teeth were accounted for and there was not much else we could do except for the ice pack to keep the swelling down. I told the secretary I was on my way.



After 20 minutes with the ice pack the swelling seems to have stabilized. She will probably have a fat lip for a few days though. She was worried about how she was going to eat with that big thing.

She won't move her lip when she talks but from what I can understand, her and a friend were playing on the bars. She did a flip off and landed on the ground. She was getting up as her friend went to take a turn on the bar. The friend's knee collided with Morgan's mouth.

Hopefully her little accident streak is over now. This has been a rough last week of school.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Sadly I don't think her accident streak is over - it's genetic!

Kilgore Clan said...

Ouch! Good thing school is about over!