Sunday, May 8, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

Today my heart is full of gratitude! Maybe it's because of the beautiful sunshine. Maybe it's because my husband spoiled me for two whole days. I just feel happy and very thankful for so many blessings! I'm not going to list all of my blessings, but here are a few things that I have been thankful for this week.

Being Mother's Day, I have to say I am thankful for my mother. She has supported me in all my adventures. She never holds me back. She has always encouraged me and believed in me when others didn't. I am grateful for all the sacrifices she has made for me. I'm also thankful for other friends, family, teachers, and such who have been, and continue to be, great examples of motherhood in my life. Happy Mother's Day!


I am especially grateful for those who call me mother. It is a title I gladly wear. These smiling faces bring tremendous joy to my life. All of the challenges are definitely worth it!

And I am thankful for the man who provides me with the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom so I can devote more time and energy to my little brood.


Last week was teacher appreciation week. This was a BIG deal at our last school. We always had a special breakfast for the teachers and an assembly to celebrate them and present them each with a fabulous gift. As the Art Mom, and member of the PTO, I got to help Morgan's class prepare their special gift. Their excitement to show gratitude to their teacher was magical.

It's not such a big deal here. But, as I thought about how blessed Morgan was to be assigned to her class, I knew we had to come up with some way to say thank you to a VERY wonderful teacher.

I saw a cute idea where they dipped mini Oreos in red candy melts to make little apples. (Here is the link if you want to see the real way to do it.) First of all, I could not find any candy melts sold here in our little town. I dug in the cupboard and found some green left over from last Christmas. There are green apples, right? I couldn't get the pretzel stems to stay and they just looked silly so I gave up on that idea. (They make it look oh-so-easy!)


I found a cute jar at the dollar store and some fun colored m&m candies. (I love the Easter colors!) A simple tag tied on with some coordinating ribbon and it was good to go. This teacher deserves so much more but hopefully she knows we truly appreciate her.


I could go on and on and on, listing the things that I am grateful for, but I won't.

I will simply say... I am so blessed!

1 comment:

Jenni Call said...

Happy Mother's Day!! You are pretty amazing!!