Sunday, November 27, 2011

Is it Patriots or Pioneers?

(I know I'm a little behind... My new calling has kept me busier than I ever imagined. But that's okay. I love to be of service and I have had the opportunity to involve my kids too.)




For a few weeks before Veteran's Day, Morgan would come home from school singing her program songs. She had a few questions as she tried to understand what a Veteran is. The most confusing for her was understanding how a Patriot is different from a Pioneer.



Zane loved the HUGE flag! He took a million pictures of it as we waited for the program to start. This was his favorite one with a pink hue.



All the kids did a great job. A few of Morgan's friends sang solo parts and did fabulous! The kids all had little speaking parts that they memorized. I was impressed!

Scott was waiting for a cattle truck so we had to sit towards the back which made it tricky to get any good pictures. I did 3 movies and all of them have choppy sound so I probably won't share them. Just as Morgan stood at the microphone to say her part a guy stood up to take his baby out and walked right in front of my camera. We could hear her but couldn't see her. Boo.



"We would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." Franklin D. Roosevelt


No comments: