Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Week of {Thanks}


A few days before Thanksgiving, Zane saw a picture of a turkey saying, "Eat Pizza!" Getting ready for bed Thanksgiving night he said, "We forgot to say that before we ate!"


It was a rough week for us. Morgan had the flu the week before which, naturally for her, ended with tonsillitis this week. The flu bug got Zane Sunday night and Scott Monday night. I was THANKFUL we had plans to have dinner with some friends in town, THANKFUL we weren't travelling far, and THANKFUL I didn't have to cook a turkey.


Wednesday we spent the morning running around and got Morgan into the doctor's office just before they closed for the holiday. I was THANKFUL for modern medicine and THANKFUL it only took 45 minutes to get the prescription filled.


We barely made it home before the flu bug knocked me down. I was THANKFUL for my husband and my wonderful secretary who finished up with the dinner deliveries. And honestly, I was THANKFUL for a moment to rest.


Scott made dinner for the kids. Zane promptly threw up that wonderful dinner. My time of rest was over. I was THANKFUL my stomach was empty as I cleaned up the mess and Scott bathed Zane.


Thursday morning I woke up feeling better but wishing my pies had baked themselves. We made it to our friend's house just in time to enjoy a wonderful afternoon with good food and good friends. The kids filled their tummies and played nicely. I was THANKFUL for friends, family, and an abundance of blessings!


Friday we ate pizza for dinner. Just for Zane. And the turkeys.

2 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

sorry for the rough week, hopefully things are on the up and up.

Jenni Call said...

That sounds about like our week. I am just counting down until the kids start up with the flu too. So sorry! Glad you were able to join another family for dinner. That is the best.