Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Going Some Where!

Sometimes, after a few years of marriage, it's easy to take love for granted. It's like we start to think, "He is committed to love me no matter what!" Do you remember what it was like when you were dating? You always dressed to impress and would never let him see you with your hair not combed. If you were going on a date, you always shaved your legs.


A few years ago, as we were getting ready for church, my husband noticed my freshly shaved legs and commented, "Sure, you shave for everyone at church but not for me." Hummm...


I started thinking about this today. When I am going somewhere "important" and will be seen in public, I get dressed and comb my hair and put on at least a little makeup. When I am staying home I often stay in my pajamas, skip the comb, and just wipe the smeared eyeliner from under my eyes so I don't look too scary. My husband says, "Another pajama day?"


Why isn't my home important enough to get dressed up for? Why doesn't my husband deserve to see me with combed hair and at least a little makeup? Why do I think he will love me no matter what so I don't have to try to impress him? (Not that he's gonna leave me 'cause I'm ugly.) Why don't I shave my legs just for him?


I'm going to try to at least get dressed every day. I'm going to do things to impress the one I love the most. (People in public really don't even care and probably don't even notice.) My home is an "important" place too. I'm going to live every day like I am going some where!

3 comments:

Jenni Call said...

Girl, that is well said! We get so lackadaisical with those we love the most. Back on my mission I swore to myself I'd always wear at least mascara and eye shadow everyday. That still holds true...except every other day the makeup is not freshly applied. LOL.

Brandon and Brittany said...

Good reminder. My problem stems from the fact that I never did my hair or makeup even when we were dating... I need to work on somethings.

The Haley Family said...

it is TRUE! Living "out in the country" now I find myself not changing into anything besides sweats. I mean, I won't see anybody all day! ;) However...I am SO guilty of getting "prettied up" when I do leave for everyone else. Thanks for the reminder!