Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentines Day

We kept our celebrations simple this year and enJOYed sharing a little LOVE.



My husband surprised me with some beautiful roses!



I was informed that spaghetti is NOT a festive dinner. But when it's served with heart-shaped rolls how can it not be?! I even baked them with a piece of cheese in the center. It was like a party inside of every roll! Maybe next year I'll try heart-shaped meatballs.



We started the day off with heart-shaped pancakes.



Pink and very festive!



Morgan took her teacher a bottle of honey. I thought she would like something besides candy. Cute and oh so simple!



I saw TONS of super cute Valentine card ideas but when it came down to putting them together, we kept it ultra simple.



Zane was excited to write his name on each card. He got confused since I printed the message on one side of the card, folded it to fit over the top of the candy, and had him write his name on the other side. Seeing the printed part upside down made him want to write his name upside down.



Morgan had no problem and wrote each of her friends names too.



This year Morgan had to design her own card collection box for school. All right, I admit I kinda took over the project. I ran all ideas by her first though. We ended up with an adorable diva-style-purse box. The front says "PAWS and show love" to coordinate with the paw print ribbon. I think Morgan and I stared at it for 3 days before we sent it to school. It was SO cute!



Zane has been asking for a party for a LONG time. Having preschool at our house was the perfect opportunity for a PARTY. We made silly party hats and played BINGO. The kids loved sharing Valentines with each other.


Love is in the air!

1 comment:

Jenni Call said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Looks like it was a fun one. Thanks for the preschool fun.