Wednesday, March 28, 2012

{Creating Joy}

I wish I had more time to create...

Morgan has been trying to memorize the Articles of Faith. She did really good with the first two but then it got hard. I saw this really cute idea for flash cards and instantly new that was what she needed. She takes them with her to study during Sacrament Meeting and she took them on our road trip. They are the perfect size to carry along any where!


This is where I found them. This lady is amazing! All I had to do was upload all her hard work to Walmart and pick up my prints an hour later.

I cut them apart and used scrapbook paper to create a list of key words on the back of each card. I laminated them just to make sure they hold up to lots of use. Then I punched a hole and strung them on a ring. When Morgan came home from school and saw them she almost cried tears of JOY. Yep. That day I was the Best Mom Ever!




What do you do with plain, white, cloth diapers and pretty ribbon? Make burp cloths, of course! These diapers are the BEST burp cloths but just not so pretty. My friend had a baby girl and I needed a cute gift for her.

These were so easy! I think washing and drying the diapers took the longest, and that was done by a machine. Make sure you cut your ribbon a little longer before you stitch because it really does shrink up a little. Learn from my trial and error. :) Then trim your end when it's all stitched down. If you can sew a straight line, you can make these.


Creating food, especially dessert, brings lots of JOY to this household. I made Banana Beignets and we devoured them. It's basically a fried banana muffin ball rolled in cinnamon sugar. The banana makes them healthy, right?


There is something about creating with my hands that truly brings me joy!

No comments: