Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Does the Journey Seem Long

After 3 weeks of severe wind, scattered snow flakes, and cold temps we had a week of nice weather foretasted. It happened to be a week that Morgan had 2 days off from school so we took off an extra day and set out across Wyoming.

That morning was grey with icy fog hanging in the air but it was warming up so we were not discouraged. After a late start, and far too many pit stops, I wondered if we would make it all the way to Utah in one day.

This was actually our lunch stop on the way home. By the time we got to Rock Springs, WY we were all crying and Zane was mad. He thought I forgot to drive through the tunnel. How did he miss that tunnel?! I'm sure the McDonald's workers thought I was a terrible mother. It didn't help that there was no playland there.



We made it to Little America and I let the kids run off some energy before we headed through more mountains. It was the shortest 10 minutes of their lives! But they were anxious to see Brittany's new home so the complaining was brief.


We made it just in time for dinner! And we loved Brittany and Levi's new place, especially the stairs. Morgan asked me when we were going to get a house with stairs. They had fun running up and down and playing catch and rolling their stuffed animals. (Hopefully the neighbors are forgiving.)

My blessings!

As we were driving in to Logan the moon was big and resting on the mountain. I tried to take a picture through my window, while driving. (Totally safe!) The kids wondered where the 2nd moon came from when they looked at the picture. Made me smile.

We had a great time! Brittany cooked us dinner every night and took us shopping. Levi found the nail in my tire and replaced all of my wheels and tires for me. Our prayers were answered - we had safe travels.

We cried a river coming home but are looking forward to seeing Brittany and Levi again soon!

Our theme song for the drive home:
"I'm gonna miss you! I'm gonna miss you! Looks like I'm gonna miss you after all!"

2 comments:

Jenni Call said...

That was a fast trip! Glad you went there and BACK safely.

BRiTTaNY said...

I'm posting your old wheels on KSL now:) So glad you were safe! I miss you already.