Thursday, July 5, 2012

Quilt a Little JOY

In between all of our adventures, I managed to put together two baby quilts. I have not made a quilt since I was pregnant with Morgan. (And that one is in a box still not finished.)

I thought, how hard can it be... cut out some pieces and stitch some straight seems. And a baby size shouldn't take long. I even had a friend use her quilting tools to cut the strips for one of the quilts. 

I learned two things - I'm not so good at stitching straight seems and even a baby quilt takes time.


 First, a stripey quilt for a special baby boy. This one I machine quilted.


Next, one that could be for a boy or a girl. This one was a little more of a challenge but so worth it!

I might even try to make another one, someday.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Those are pretty cute! Nice work. We just picked out fabric for Lexy's quilting class she is taking in August. She'll have a quilt done before me :-)

Jenni Call said...

Love those quilts! The reservoir looks lovely!