Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day Joy


 Morgan and Zane made some 4th of July flowers! Zane liked polka-dots and Morgan liked the tie-dye look. (These were so simple to make using coffee filters and colored water.)

 Our town does the fireworks on the 3rd and we actually drove in so we could watch them this year. We had a code red alert thunderstorm just a few hours before the show was to begin. With our extreme fire danger, I was glad we got so much rain in a short amount of time. (I thought we would need a boat to get into town but the dry, thirsty ground soaked up the water quickly.)


 I discovered that my camera had a fireworks setting. Who knew! It was fun to play with and I actually captured a few of the bright flashes. The kids wanted a video so we could hear the BOOMS too. Hummm... Maybe next time.

 On the 4th, we headed over to a little town nearby to meet up with some friends. 
We watched the parade...

 Gathered lots of candy!

And then went to the park for a BBQ and free train rides. 

It quickly reached over 100 degrees and I was fading fast. We devoured snow cones, and popsicles, and slushies, and LOTS of water and I still felt like I was about to pass out. We headed home.

After a relaxing BBQ, the kids informed me this was the best day ever. 

I am so thankful for the freedoms that we enjoy in this country!

2 comments:

The Haley Family said...

i was hoping to see you out at our place! :) Was the parade in Potter? Didn't even know there was one around these parts! :)17

Unknown said...

Alison, The parade was in Oshkosh. We were hoping to come to your place but the heat made me so sick. Next time for sure!