Saturday, May 10, 2014

2 - 4 - 6 - 8 Who do we appreciate?

I have had the amazing opportunity of working with a fabulous first grade teacher this year! I have been helping Zane's class during reading time and absolutely was thrilled with the progress the kids made. Most of the time I worked with the kids who were struggling and needed more one on one help. (Which means I didn't get to work with Zane very much. He still gave me hugs, though.) It was great to see them learn to read actual books!


For Teacher Appreciation Week, I surprised Mrs. Johnston with a fingerprint tree that I made with the kids. I snuck in on a day when she had a substitute and got all of the kids fingerprints. Not one of them told her I had been there and she was truly surprised. Awesome!


I also helped Morgan and Zane make a little gift for their teachers. We were so blessed to have such great teachers this year.
 

But, as great as it has been, we are even more excited to only have three weeks of school left. One last book report. We can make it!

No comments: