Wednesday, May 28, 2014

First Grade Field Trip

I think all of my kids have been on a field trip to the fire station, in first grade. And this is at all different schools. Is that a standard for first grade?


I love living in a small community where we can walk for field trips. (I am not a fan of riding on school buses.) We walked to the post office first. The kids were assigned a "secret" friend in their class and wrote them a letter. So, the first stop was to mail those letters. Then we walked around the corner to the fire station. Our wonderful fire chief explained all the tools and how the firemen do their job.

After they showed the kids all the stuff they asked if anyone had questions. Some of the questions were funny but one little girl asked what to do if her pajamas catch on fire. My wonderful son shouts out for all to hear, "STOP, DROP AND ROLL!" 


After the fire station, we walked to the park for lunch. It was a beautiful day!

No comments: