Saturday, June 7, 2014

Forever Family

For the first time ever I took my kids out of school early. They were disappointed to miss all the fun of the last day, but we had a good reason. My older brother and his wife just had baby number six and my other brother and his family flew to Oregon from Georgia. The last time we were all together was when Brit graduated, four years ago. Scott couldn't get time off so I loaded up the kids and made the drive to Oregon without him. 


We had a few things to finish up first. We couldn't miss the Indian Races. (How do they ride so fast without a saddle?) And there was a graduation card to make for Scott's niece and of course a baby gift to take to the new baby.

Nothing says family love quite like a paintball war.


Sweet little Hunter absolutely LOVED Levi. He kept calling him "police" even when he was reminded that Levi did have a name. Levi pinned his badge on him and let him wear it for a minute. Hunter beamed with pride. He is an amazing kid who melts everyone's hearts.


The kids helped sand and paint the front fence at my parents home. They worked hard and earned the paintball reward. There were a few minor injuries, some paint was eaten, and a few tears were shed. And that was just the fence painting! (Hahaha) 


For the most part, we had a great time!
Yes, even I got in on the action. (The mask really brings out my eyes. I may wear one more often.) Morgan and Levi worked on some strategy and Morgan captured the flag. Way to go!


The kids and I camped out at the Grange Hall while we were there. They loved sleeping in the camper and learning how to play the "real" UNO game. And there were more trees to climb. Heaven!


We had a few cold days but we found enough sunshine to go swimming a couple times. We also managed a rowdy soccer game between cloud bursts. My parents and I hung out with Hunter while the rest of them played. It was funny to watch the older "kids" start out dominating the game. They were all over the field and the younger kids hardly got to play. But, magically, about half way through the game the older guys were hanging back and letting the little guys go after the ball more. (wink-wink)


There was lots of yummy food to eat. Always. 

I didn't get a picture, but we were able to visit Great Grandma Hug. Her cat even let us pet her this time. And I managed to run up to the cemetery with my kids to bring a flower to their Grandma Mary.

My parent's cat had kittens a few weeks before we came. While we were there they all became very ill. They went from wild, feisty, playful babies to sleeping all the time and refusing to eat. I remembered the vet told us to give our dog Gatorade once when he wasn't feeling well. My mom happened to have some so they started feeding them with an eye dropper. I talked to Scott and he told me to get an electrolyte solution for animals. After a few days of the solution, all the kitties were starting to feel better. So glad we figured out how to save them!


We had to make a stop at Riverside Park. My kids call it the Castle Park because of the awesome play thing that looks like a giant castle. It amazes me how different the river looks now. They now have a walking bridge that goes over the river. One of our swimming holes isn't even there any more. Sometimes, it's hard to grow up and see everything change.

We had a wonderful week! It was hardly enough time to do all that we wanted to do and see all the people we wanted to see. Morgan says we have to go back soon.


No comments: