Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pony vs. Teddy Bear



I handed Zane a soft, cuddly pony to snuggle with as I prepared to nurse him before his nap. He looked at it and immediately dropped it on the floor. He was sure all he needed was Mom. I scooped him up with the pony and tucked it under his arm as he settled in to nurse. He again dropped it to the floor. Just then Morgan called out from the bedroom. I sat Zane on the floor with the pony so I could quickly help her before we got too comfortable in our chair. Zane, crying now, followed me to the bedroom and vigorously threw the pony at me. Apparently he didn’t want the pony to be his secure attachment object. As we settled into the chair once again I assured him that he would need to find something to be attached to, besides me. A few days later I went to get him out of his crib after his nap and he was clutching a red teddy bear. He had made his selection. Now, when it is time to sleep I ask “Where is your teddy bear?” and he promptly finds it. Dad wants to know what happened to the pony. . .

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi~
I found you when you posted a comment on one of Rachel's posts. I was actually thinking about you guys not too long ago, wondering what you were up too. Looks like you are all doing well. I can't believe Brittany is 16! Yikes! She is so grown up and so beautiful. Anyway I just wanted to say hi and tell you I am going to add you to my blogs to read! Take care!
(Cousin Dawn)

Rachel Berry said...

SO I have to find out you have a blog through Dawn's blog? What's up with that? Anyway I'll be checking in on ya.

:) Rachel

BRiTTaNY said...

Hola mi madre! I just wanted to see if you had posted anything else embarassing about me, or anymore scary pictures. Just wanted to say hi, and luv ya mucho!

luv, bRiTtAnY!!!!