Tuesday, January 1, 2008

All In A Day

Zane joyfully pushed his dump truck across the floor. Thrilled that he had discovered another way to make noise, he giggled and charged full-steam ahead. Suddenly there was a bookshelf in his path. Unfortunately the bookshelf didn’t give and the giggles quickly turned to screams of pain.
As blood poured out of Zane’s mouth, Scott ran to get the car keys. I calmed them both down as I tried to hold ice on Zane’s mouth. The lip instantly swelled but once the bleeding stopped it didn’t seem as bad as it looked. When he finished his popsicle, Zane was ready to play again.


An hour later we were sitting on Morgan’s bed reading stories. Zane decided it was more fun to walk on the bed. He stepped on the edge and fell, hitting his head on the edge of the desk. Once again I held him down and tried to put ice on his wound. He now has a nice bruise on the side of his head to go with his fat lip.
I hope he lives to be 2 years old!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! We have been there. Hunter has had stitches twice in his lip already. I am pretty sure it won't be the last time either. I hope that you had a great Christmas.