Wednesday, November 26, 2008

{Crazy Day}


What a crazy day! It seams that we coast along with some pretty mellow days, a few busy afternoons, and then all of sudden everything has to be done in the same day.

Yesterday I picked Morgan up from school and ran a few errands. (She was really mad because we dropped of the library books without checking out new ones.) Then I dropped her off at Speech Therapy while Zane and I picked up Brittany’s dental x-rays and went to the store to find boots for Scott. We zipped back to pick Morgan up and then headed home for lunch.

After lunch, I dropped Morgan off to play with her friends then Zane and I went to get Brittany out of school. We rushed her to the Oral Surgery Center in Pocatello for a consultation with the doctor. She will have her wisdom teeth removed on December 29th. She insisted on waiting until after Christmas so as not to ruin her Christmas dinner. (I told her I would run it through the blender for her but she declined my offer.)

Then we stopped at the store for a few things. Two days before Thanksgiving a quick trip to the store is never quick. After searching every isle for the Frenches French Fried Onions, we safely set off for home.

We stopped at Kyndra’s house to get Morgan and, of course, had to visit for a minute. The kids were running and being crazy then suddenly Morgan slamed into the back of the couch and came up with a mouth full of blood and eyes full of tears. After pushing her front tooth back into place I got her to hold ice on her mouth while I put her shoes and coat on her.

Dinner was late and we were all exhausted by the end of the day. Scott thought we needed to take Morgan in to the emergency room but I convinced him that there was nothing more they could do. I got the bleeding to stop and the tooth is staying in place but she was one FAT lip.

What a day!

(The picture is an older one. I couldn’t take one of Morgan’s mouth. It is just too gross.)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like a rough day! Was it a baby tooth? Hopefully things calm down for you and you have a great thanksgiving day!

tiffani said...

OK-Where was I! That day sounds awful. Now you should tell everyone about, me, letting them slide down the stairs a few days later and her bumping her mouth again! What a good friend I am! You really did hold it together WELL!