Sunday, November 30, 2008

Update - "I lost a tooth!"

We spent Thanksgiving day with our friends and neighbors, the Adamsons and the Ostlers. We had so much delicious food and we all ate until we were ready to explode. Then the kids ran around while the adults played an intense game of Shanghais Rummy.

Tiffani’s house has carpeted stairs that go to the basement – more fun than a sledding slope. I warned Morgan to be careful but in the middle of the fun she forgot about her mouth. You guessed it, she bumped her front teeth AGAIN. This time she loosened the other front tooth and with her gums swollen and bleeding I had to call the dentist. He calmed my fears and asked me to bring her in on Monday. Once the bleeding stopped and the swelling went down she looked much better. (Her lip isn't even that swollen any more.)

Then on Friday we went across the street to the Hunt’s house for sweet potato fries and games. Morgan decided she wanted some bubble gum. That lasted about 5 seconds before she said it hurt her tooth and she spit out the gum. That is when I noticed her loosest tooth was hanging crooked in her mouth. I reached in and it literally fell into my hand. She cried. She laughed. And then she exclaimed “I’m gonna have a Tooth Fairy under my pillow!”

There is no tooth visible in the hole so she will most likely be toothless for quite a while. There are two more VERY loose teeth that will probably be coming out soon as well. I guess she was so excited for the Tooth Fairy that she decided to knock her teeth out instead of waiting.




(Zane and Scott couldn't miss out on making faces for the camera also – silly boys.)

2 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

Cute picture!

Sarah's Project said...

How did you get Scott to be in a picture? I guess I should ask Joaquin to make a funny face & then maybe I'll get a few more! The tooth fairy better be loaded with a smile like Morgan's, what a doll-