Thursday, December 18, 2008

{Happy Day}

Sunday as we drove to church I announced to my family how grateful I was that we have been so healthy this winter season. Then Monday morning we woke up with a VIRUS but not of the human kind. My computer was too sick to even turn on. After going into shock and sobbing uncontrollably for 10 minutes I started making phone calls. (Sorry Lloyd for calling so early.)

I then loaded up my computer and took it to the “doctor” in Pocatello with a prayer that all my data would not be lost and hoping I would not have to actually replace the hard drive. I begged the girl behind the counter to do everything possible to save my files. When she assured me they would do their best to save my data I wondered if she was just saying that because she could see the tears in my eyes and didn’t want me to cry in their store.

To make a long story short . . . the tech was able to save my data and delete all of the viruses from my computer. I had my computer back in two days instead of the week that I thought it would be. I was so happy when I picked up my computer yesterday I wanted to hug the man.

And just when I thought my day couldn’t get any better there was a knock at the door. When the man announced he was here to hook up my new internet service I was so excited and then horrified because I had left my house in such a mess and was not expecting him until next week. But he was able to work around the mess and now we have high-speed internet!

I thought my computer was protected but obviously not. If anyone is looking for a great anti-virus program the repair tech suggests AVG Anti-virus Free. It can be downloaded for free and is one of the best out there.

I am glad this is over so I can get back to Christmas preparations! I promise my next post will be more festive.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

That's scary, we bought an external hard drive for that very reason and it backs up all of our photo's and important files daily. I love the new look of the blog. Well, I should get to my Christmas card! Sorry to hear that your kitty didn't make it last winter. If you were closer she would have been yours :0).

JodiLynn said...

Oh, my gosh! Christine, I had this happen a few months ago, and lost everything. So glad that didn't happen to you. Love the pictures with Santa!

Jodi

BRiTTaNY said...

...don't forget what the computer guy said - abortion isn't legal out this far! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!

♥your favorite daughter ☺