Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"Hold me!"

This little boy, that I love so very much, is making me crazy! He wants to be touching me 24-7. He wants me to hold him or at least sit beside him at all hours of the day and night. He cries for me in the middle of the night and I have started letting him sleep in my bed just so I can get a few hours of rest. He has always been a touchy-feely kid but it is getting worse.

This morning as he was begging me to hold him while we ate breakfast I informed him that the umbilical cord had been cut and he was no longer attached to me. He snapped right back, “No it NOT cut! Hold me!”

He is getting some lovely new molars in and I am hoping that is the cause of this intense behavior. Soon it will be over, right? I keep reminding myself that in a few years he will be horrified to even give me a hug so I should just treasure these moments.
Treasure, treasure, treasure. . .




2 comments:

Sarah's Project said...

Ok, that is just plain awesome. Can I just say that my 10 year old is the exact same way! She doesn't know how to walk by without touching you, she always asks for hugs, & she can't let anyone sit by themselves during a movie. I feel your pain!

JodiLynn said...

Oh, Christine. Do treasure it. It just goes too fast. Liam, however, still likes to sit next to me, and hugs me constantly, and still hates to stay overnight at any of the grandparents. ANd NO!!! I do not love the snow!