Saturday, May 30, 2009

Let’s go to the {Zoo}

Friday the kindergarten classes took a field trip to the zoo in Pocatello. Zane and I decided to join in the fun. We didn’t get to ride the bus with all the kids but we rode over with our friends.

We saw deer, buffalo, ducks, geese, mountain goats, a bobcat, coyotes, Canadian lynx, bears, and peacocks. Morgan liked all the animals but was disappointed the peacocks didn’t show off their tails.

Morgan and Ashton loved “digging” for fossils.


Zane and Kevin weren’t so sure.


Zane liked the bears the best (even though they were a little stinky).


Zane thought the bears lived in the teepee (I think because of the pictures of bears on the outside of it). I finally convinced him to go inside and take a look. He quickly came back out and said, “Yep. The bears live there.”



After some fun on the playground . . .



And a snack in the park . . .

It was time to head for home. I had a hard time catching up with Morgan so I didn’t get very many pictures of her. Morgan did say it was the BEST field trip ever.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Lydia was so sad to miss the zoo! It looks like it was fun.

Sorry the pics from the program were such poor quality. my camera doesn't zoom well. I have video of the two singing as well so I will try to figure out a way to upload it and send it to you!